Shadows and Blood

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadows and Blood

Post by Lady Shiori on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 pm

What is this place? It feels like I'm walking on the surface of a mirror. But the images are blurred; I can't make any sense of them. Wait, something's wrong. I sense a dark presence, but can see no one. Is the darkness around me...or is it...within me!?

Shiori: *gasp* Whoa. i swear, there's nothing like a good nightmare for a wake-up call.
Laruto: Shiori? I thought i heard a gasping sound. Are you okay?
Shiori: Then again there's always her to wake me instead. I'm fine Mother. Y'know, you could always knock first. And do you have to yell? *stretches and gets up*
Laruto: Depends. Do you always have to wake up looking for a fight?
Shiori:*shrugs* Only on Mondays. By the way, just so you know, I'm heading to the village today. I wanna show Mataji the new alchemy I learned.
Laruto: Shiori, you know I don't like that you're spending so much time there. True, that girl doesn't seem to fear you for you mixed blood. But can you say the same for the rest of the villagers? I probably don't need to tell you this, but they would like nothing more than to kill you.
Shiori:You're right Mother. You don't need to tell me, but you do it anyway. *pauses and sighs* I suppose that's true. But think about it. With my bow and alchemy, I could probably take out 10 of 'em without breaking a sweat. And honestly Mother? I could care less what the villagers think of me and my mixed blood. Mataji is my best friend *mumbles* not to mention my only one. If they don't like it, they can bite me 'cause I don't give a damn about them.
Laruto: You're really not going to listen to a word I say are you?
Shiori: I'm sorry I wasn't listening. Did you say something Mother?
Laruto: Yeah. You're a stubborn fool.
Shiori: *rolls eyes* You say that like it's a bad thing.*dodges punch and begins running down the mountain* Why does she always do that? Every day it's the same lecture:'You're a half-demon. Humans fear you.' As if I didn't know that already. If Father were still alive, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But then, I can't even remember his face. And asking Mother wouldn't do any good, she doesn't even mention his name. On top of that, because of my tail I have to spend some nights locked inside just because of the full moon. It's not like I'm gonna turn into a werewolf or something. So what's the big deal?

Last edited by Lady Shiori on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Demon Mistress

Female Cat
Golden Tickets : 386

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shadows and Blood

Post by Lady Shiori on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am

*being lost in thought, she doesn't notice her friend sneaking up behind her about to grab her tail.*
Shiori: What the-oh it's you. Hey Mataji. You do realize I could have put an arrow through you just now right?
Mataji: Or could have blasted me to ash and nice to see you too Shiori. You know you wouldn't use your best friend for target practice. So what's bugging you? And don't try to say 'nothing' cause I won't buy it.
Shiori: Yeah, you're my best friend all right. My nosy best friend.Well, if you insist on knowing, Mother keeps saying it's foolish for me to spend my time among people who hate me for being different and probably want to kill me. Other than you, I don't have any friends. Not to mention I have no memory of my father and in two days I'll be locked inside without anything to do except practice alchemy and stare at the ceiling. *pauses and stares at her friend* So Mataji, are you sorry you asked?
Mataji: Nope. First of all, I've told you a million times we're best friends and the fact that you're a half-demon does not-repeat DOES NOT- bother me. So you're father's dead, don't forget you still have a mother so you're not alone. And as to being locked in, if you're so worried I could always help you sneak out for one night of freedom. Now that that's settled, let's get going already. We've been standing here talking and I wanna see your alchemy. You must have learned something new by now right?
Shiori: Only you Mataji would be able to improve my mood with your optimism.Thanks for the kind words friend. I'll gladly take you up on your offer to break me out of lockdown. And yes, I've learned quite a few new tricks. Maybe I'll teach you some.
the two friends continue on their way to the village, arriving to the usual glare of hatred and mumbling of insults.*

Last edited by Lady Shiori on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar Wolf on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:19 pm

*laughs* hehe nice story *smiles* i like the play format Very Happy And i do like how its written aswell, ^^ Keep up the good work! ;P

Lunar Wolf
The Joker Wolf

Female Pig
Golden Tickets : 3479

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Villager:Hey Mataji why are you hanging around that...girl!? She's probably gonna eat you for dinner!
Shiori: ugh...here we go...again. Get a clue people.
Mataji: Okay for starters, I'm free to choose my own friends, thank you very much!? And as far as I'm concerned, Shiori is 100 times more human than you!?
Shiori: Whoa Mataji... I sure hope you never get mad at me. Buddy, if you had a brain in your skull you'd know humans were never part of my diet and never will be. I could think of other ways to kill you. Hey Mataji, wanna make a bet? I could use some archery practice, and what's better than a moving target?
*drawing an arrow from her quiver, Shiori takes careful aim at the arrogant villager, letting him take five steps before firing. The villager screams in fear as the arrow grazes his shoulder.*
Shiori: Now that you're done insulting my friend and me, listen well. I don't deny the mixed blood in my veins, and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about half-demons. But to tell the truth, this attitude of yours is truly testing my patience. So some friendly advice, leave me and Mataji alone, or my next arrow will be lodged in your heart. Understand?
*the terrified villager flees, leaving the two friends laughing in amusement.*
Mataji: Wow. Who knew he could run that fast? Well, now that that's over with lets go do some alchemy. Hey Shiori, you think you could teach me?
Shiori:Well, you did come to my defense just now, so it's hard to say no. What do you want to try first?
*smiling and laughing, Shiori and Mataji spend the next two days practicing alchemy, with Shiori assuming the role of teacher to her friend. As night falls, the two make plans to sneak out.*

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 am

Mataji: Hey Shiori, you sure you wanna do this? I mean, you know your mother always says you can never look at the full moon. Maybe she has a good reason for saying that.
Shiori: *glances at her friend with quizzical eyes* Come on Mataji, you're starting to sound like Mother. I mean honestly, what harm could looking at the moon cause? The worst that could possibly happen is that I'll turn into a werewolf.
Mataji: Yeah, but you said your dad was a saiyan right? I heard your mom say once that when a saiyan with a tail sees the full moon, something bad happens. I mean, you have a tail, so isn't that like a warning sign?
Shiori: *sighs in exasperation* Come on Mataji. When has that ever stopped us before? I wanna know what will happen. If things get out of control, just knock me out. Okay?
Mataji: Well, I guess you would be curious. But if anything goes wrong, I'll get your mom. She'll gladly knock you out for disobeying her.
Shiori: Right. Well, here goes nothing.
*taking a deep breath, Shiori shifts her gaze to the pale sphere in the night sky. Within minutes her body begins to tremble and change. Fearing for her friend, Mataji desperately tries to stop the transformation.*
Mataji: Shiori!? Shiori!? Please answer me! What's happening to you!? What should I do? I don't know what to do...Of course...your mother! I'll get your mother! She'll know how to stop this!
*runnung as fast as her legs would carry her, Mataji told Laruto what was happening. Filled with anger and fear for her daughter, Laruto pushed past the frightened girl, only to discover she was too late. For Shiori had completely transformed into a giant ape, not recognizing either her friend or her mother.*
Laruto: Shiori! Stop! Can you hear me? Answer me!?
Mataji: Lady Laruto! What are you doing!?
Laruto: Get out of here! Its no use I can't stop her!
Mataji: No! There has to be something we can do! You can't even think about killing your own daughter!?
Laruto: Fool! Nothing can be done...she will not stop until the moon has set...
Mataji: But by then the entire village will be reduced to rubble! We have to try!
Laruto: You foolish girl! Stay away! You'll only get yourself killed!
Mataji: If you can hear me Shiori I'm begging you...please you must stop!
Shiori: Hello? Ugh my head...where am I? I don't recognize this place...wait...blood...why do I smell blood? No!! Mother...Mataji...what have I done!? I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:19 pm

Shiori: Mother!? Mother!? Please don't die! Don't leave me alone!
Laruto: Shiori...
Shiori: Mother! I'm so sorry! This is all my fault...
Laruto: No...you didn't know...I should have told you...
Shiori: Don't talk Mother! You need to save your strength!
Laruto: Listen to me Shiori...your brother...find your brother...
Shiori: I don't care about my brother! You can't die...please...
Laruto: Speak to Dende...he can help you...I...love you...
Shiori: Mother? Mother!?...Never again...I swear I will never again lose my family...good-bye...Mother...
*consumed with grief and pain, Shiori buries the bodies of her mother and best friend.Transmuting clothes for herself, Shiori quickly heads to the village at the foot of the mountain,only to find it completely destroyed. Vowing to find her half-brother and protect the last of her family, Shiori spends one final night in the ruin of her childhood home.*
Shiori: Why? Why did this happen? First Father...now my mother and my best friend...both are dead by my hand...and yet...it wasn't until Mother told me did I discover I have a half-brother...why did she wait so long to tell me? Did she...foresee her death? Can you tell me...? Mother? Mataji? Can you hear my cries Father? If you can hear me in the netherworld...I beg you...watch over me, your only daughter...and...take care of Mataji for me.
*with her prayers complete, Shiori tearfully transmutes 2 rings of flowers, placing them on the graves of her mother and dear friend. Before leaving on her journey, Shiori takes one final look at the home where she spent most of her life.*
Shiori: Well, it's time for me to go. I don't know how, but I promise I'll find my brother no matter how long it takes. I will see you again one day,when my time in this world ends. Then I will be truly happy...to be together with my family once more. But until that day,I will pray for you. Farewell...Father, Mother...Mataji.
*taking to the sky, Shiori follows her mother's final instructions. Seeking out the namek Dende, Shiori hopes he can help her in her search.*

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Kat on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:28 am

I effin love this story~ It has good humor and mystery x] Keep writing~! ^ ^

Kit Kat
Ramune Kat

Female Pig
Golden Tickets : 985

View user profile http://www.chatango.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo Neko on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

^^hehe i love this story too

Momo Neko
Neko Maniac

Female Dog
Golden Tickets : 4410
Location : I'm behind that tree over there. But I'm a ninja so you can't see me XD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Kat on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:21 pm

*pokes momo* copier. :p

Kit Kat
Ramune Kat

Female Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo Neko on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:37 pm

what can't i love this story too? o.o

Momo Neko
Neko Maniac

Female Dog
Location : I'm behind that tree over there. But I'm a ninja so you can't see me XD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit Kat on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:24 pm

well.....okay fine. ^ ^

Kit Kat
Ramune Kat

Female Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo Neko on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:31 pm

YAY!! cheers

Momo Neko
Neko Maniac

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:04 am

Shiori: Hey old man. Would you by any chance be Dende?
Dende: I am. You seem to know my name, but I have yet to know yours.
Shiori:Oh sorry about that. My mother always had a great deal to say about my lack of manners. I'm Shiori.
Dende: Shiori is it. Tell me, is your mother's name Laruto?
Shiori: As a matter of fact, Laruto was my mother. How do you know her?
Dende: Lady Laruto came here not long ago. She said you would be leaving on a journey soon and would need my help.
Shiori: ...she really said that? So she did know.
Dende: Has something happened?
Shiori: Well, to tell the truth...
*Shiori quickly and without details tells Dende about her mother's death.*
Dende: I had no idea. I'm sorry.
Shiori: Don't be. A good friend of mine once told me:'don't regret what has already passed.' I still have a brother, so I'm not completely alone. Actually, my brother is the reason I cam here. I'm trying to find him but I have no idea where to start looking. So please, if you know anything, could you please tell me?
Dende: ...Of course. I will tell you all I know.
*Dende tells Shiori her brother, Wolf Kaizen, is a direct descendant of the two great warriors Goku and Prince Vegeta. He had originally contacted him to guard the dragonballs.*
Dende: Unfortunately I have no idea where Wolf is now.
Shiori: *prepares to leave* I see. Well, thank you anyway. And I have a favor to ask. If you do happen to run into Wolf sometime, don't tell him he has a sister ok?
Dende: Why don't you want him to know? Surely he would be happy to hear he has living family.
Shiori: *pauses* Maybe. But let's just say I have personal reasons and leave it at that.
Dende: Very well. Good luck on your journey.
Shiori: Bye old man.
*leaping into the air, Shiori decides to head east to begin her search.*
Shiori: Well it's not much to go on, but at least I have a name. That's not such a bad start. *stomach growls* which reminds me. I haven't eaten all day. Not to mention I need to find a place to crash tonight. I'll stop at the first town I see.
*later that night, Shiori sees buildings in the distance.*
Shiori: Now THAT'S a welcome sight. I was beginning to think I was in the wilderness. So, the first 3 things on my agenda would be info, food and a place to sleep. How hard can that be? As long as I keep my silver hair and tail hidden, this should be a piece of cake.
*drawing her cloak around her, Shiori casually walks into town. Figuring it would be a good place to get information, she heads for the tavern.*
Shiori: doesn't look like much, but I guess it's as good a place as any. Now then, who around here looks like they know something? I guess I'll start with the owner...Shiori: Hey you. I assume you're the owner of this place right?
Barkeep: The way you say that I can tell you're not a local. You a drifter?
Shiori: More or less. Listen, you hear alot of rumors don't you? I'm looking for a guy named Wolf Kaizen. Ever heard of him?
Barkeep: Wolf Kaizen...sorry lady name doesn't ring any bells. The only thing people are talking about these days is that ragtag bunch of thieves.
Shiori: Sounds like you've been having trouble with them for quite awhile. They must be good if you haven't caught 'em.
Barkeep: Hmph. Well you obviously don't know anything. They're just a bunch of brats with nothing better to do.
Shiori: They sound like my kind of crowd.
*suddenly a loud crash sounds in the street,followed by angry shouts.*
Shiori: Sounds like there's a party going on outside. Too bad someone forgot to invite me. Thanks for the help barkeep, I'll show myself out.
*before the owner can say anything, Shiori quickly exits the tavern and enters the street. Looking for the source of the commotion, she spots 3 kids trying to hold off a group of cops.*
Shiori: Don't you guys have better things to do than going around picking on kids? Now, you can either back off or you can get your ass kicked by me. So what's it gonna be?

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for the compliments guys Very Happy ! There's plenty more where that came from, so don't go far!

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar Wolf on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:36 am

Nyah hahahah :3 *tail wags* I like the combination of the animes, especially fullmetal alchemist~!!! Well, keep up the good work :3 though i'm younger than you so idk if my words have any influence on you.. silent o.o
BUT!!! GREAT JOB

Lunar Wolf
The Joker Wolf

Female Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Lieutenant Norio:I don't know who you are lady, but these brats are wanted criminals.
Shiori: So that's your answer. I guess I'll just have to teach you a lesson...
Lieutenant Norio: Arrest her too!
*moving too fast for their eyes to follow, Shiori lands a powerful kick in the lead cop's stomach, leaving him gasping in surprise.*
Lieutenant Norio: What...are you!?
Shiori: That was a fraction of my strength. I could've aimed for your heart, but I'm feeling nice today. So beat it.
Cop: You'll pay for that!
*as the other cops try to surround her, Shiori leaps into the air.*
Shiori: Think you can catch me now?
*grinning, Shiori sends out several energy blasts. Landing easily, the cops take one look at her and run in terror.*
Shiori: Well, that was fun. But it might be a good idea to get out of here.
Tori:What? You mean you're coming with us? I appreciate the help and all, but we could've taken'em.
Shiori: Is that right? Well not from where I'm standing kid. Besides, since I saved your sorry butt you owe me some food.
Tori: Hmph. Fine, you can come with us if you want. But you can't call me 'kid'.
Shiori: What do I call you then? You got a name? I'm Shiori Yakuza.
Tori: Tori Osaka. These are my friends Matt Daisho and Gale Himeji. Now that we're all acquainted, let's go. The last thing we need is to run into reinforcements.
Shiori: Hey don't worry kid. I got your back.
Tori: I told you not to call me that!
*following the trio to their underground hideout, Shiori can't help but wonder why these kids have to live in hiding.*
Matt: Home sweet home. Hey Gale, how are we doing on food?
Gale: We'd be doing better if you didn't eat so much, but for now we're covered.
Matt: I'm not going to dignify with comment, but thanks anyway.
Tori: C'mon Matt, just admit you can't think of a comeback.
Matt: Zip it Tori.
Shiori: *sits back and watches*
Tori: By the way Shiori, I've been wanting to ask this. Why do you have a tail?
Gale: Tori! You're being rude! Sorry about that.
Shiori: No problem Gale. And to answer her question, I was born with it.
Tori: No offense, but are you human? I've never seen a person with silver hair.
Shiori: None taken. And no, I'm not human. I'm a half-demon. Is that a problem?
Tori: Not at all.
Shiori: So, you're theives right? What are your specialties?
Tori: Well, I'm a tactician, Matt's a hacker and Gale likes explosives. Why you wanna join?
Shiori: Maybe later. Right now I wanna eat and then I'm gonna sleep.
Matt: Why is everyone talking? Its dinnertime,so hurry up.
Gale: Since when are you the boss Matt?
Matt: Shut up Gale.

Last edited by Lady Shiori on Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Momo Neko on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:41 pm

Haha i'm Tori^^

Momo Neko
Neko Maniac

Female Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar Wolf on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm

which one was i? or did i die already

Lunar Wolf
The Joker Wolf

Female Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar Wolf on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

No really o.o was i Shioris best budd in the story then she killed me? I'm confused @.@ oh and um.. when are we doing voice acting?

Lunar Wolf
The Joker Wolf

Female Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm gonna get the mics when I get paid this Monday, then you can come over and we'll start doing the voice acting and editing. It's gonna be awesome! Very Happy

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 pm

I think you were either Gale or you were my best friend.

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar Wolf on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:35 pm

okie dokie ;3 i'm happy either way^^ and i come over wednesday so that'll be awsome!

Lunar Wolf
The Joker Wolf

Female Pig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

*while eating, Matt mentions the 'hunter's moon'.*
Matt: Hey Shiori, you look like you've traveled alot.
Shiori: A bit.
Matt: Then you must have heard about the 'ryoushi hisakata' right?
Shiori: *stops eating and stares* Come again?
Matt: Awhile back, some giant monster went rampaging in a mountain village. The few survivors said it was the full moon that caused it, so they started calling it 'ryoushi hisakata', or hunter's moon.
Shiori: Survivors? There are survivors from that night?
Matt: Hey, are you okay? You don't look so good. Is something wrong?
Shiori: you have no idea. Did...anyone say what this...monster looked like?
Matt: Um, I think it was an ape. Yeah a giant ape. Are you sure nothing's wrong?
Shiori: Forget it, it's not important. I'm gonna get some air. *gets up and leaves*
Matt: Is it just me or did she seem upset?
Gale: Well Matt, maybe you said something you shouldn't have.
Matt: Really Gale? Like what?
Gale: You're dense, you know that? She's obviously bearing a heavy burden. I'm gonna go see if Shiori's okay. *walks out*
Tori: Wow Matt. You're not very skilled when it comes to women.
Matt: When I want your opinion Tori, I'll ask for it.
*outside, Shiori stares at the night sky.*
Shiori: why? Why didn't I see any survivors? Even if I do eventually find Wolf, how could I go back? They never accepted me. My difference threatened them. Why are people so damn afraid of me? Hello Gale. What do you want?
Gale: How did you know it was me, I didn't say anything.
Shiori: I'm not human remember? I can pick up scents for miles around.
Gale:That's kinda creepy. I thought I'd try to cheer you up. You ever been to a street race?
Shiori: No, can't say I have. Sounds fun though.
Gale: Oh yeah its fun alright. There are no rules except win.
Shiori: What do you race with, cars?
Gale: No, even better. Bikes.
Shiori: You mean like motorcycles?
Gale: Yup. And it just so happens there's a race tonight. I got an extra bike. Wanna try?
Shiori: Do you even have to ask? Let's go!
*leaving a note for Matt and Tori, the two grab helmets and head for a night of fun on the town.*

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Shiori on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 pm

cool. see ya then!

Demon Mistress

Female Cat

View user profile